Mexican Restaurants, Inc. operates and franchises 57 Mexican restaurants. The current system includes 46 Company-operated restaurants, 10 franchisee operated restaurants and one licensed restaurant. The current system includes five brands: Casa Ole, Mission Burrito, Monterey’s Little Mexico, Tortuga Mexican Kitchen and Crazy Jose’s. While a large majority of our restaurants are located in Texas, we also operate restaurants in Oklahoma and Louisiana.
MRI’s Mission Statement and Guiding Principles
To establish MRI as the premier provider of Mexican food in casual dining while maintaining our uncompromising principles as we create value for shareholders, serve our customers and help our employees maximize their potential.
The following Guiding Principles help us measure our decisions:
- Provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
- Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we do business.
- Apply the highest standards of excellence to the purchasing, preparation and delivery of our food and beverages.
- Our operating objective is “every guest leaves happy”.
- Contribute positively to our communities.
- Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success.
Conducting Business Responsibly
MRI is committed to conducting business with the highest level of integrity and in an ethical and responsible manner. Here are some examples of how we manage our business ethically and responsibly:
- We elect board members who demonstrate integrity and ethics in their personal and professional lives and who contribute to our board’s overall diversity in terms of background, gender, race, ethnicity or other differentiating characteristics.
- We strengthen the relationships with our stakeholders – employees, customers, suppliers, community members, shareholders and others – by inviting and listening to their constructive and critical feedback.